Financial service resources for your patients and clients. Sections include WIC, Healthy Louisiana (Medicaid), LaMOMS, LaCHIP, Take Charge Plus, Behavioral Health Services and GNO Community.
WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) is a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program designed to provide assistance to:
- pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women
- infants and children up to age 5
The following income eligibility guide will help determine if your patients qualify for WIC.
WIC Clinic Locations
To help your clients find the nearest WIC clinic, click here. The Louisiana WIC program is administered by the Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health Nutrition Services Program.
More information about WIC in Louisiana, including how to receive benefits and eligibility requirements can be found here or by calling Partners for Healthy Babies at 1-800-251-BABY (2229).
Learn more about the National WIC program.
Help your clients keep track of their EBT benefits
Tell them to download the Fresh EBT app! It’s free from the Apple App store or the Google Play store. Your clients can use the app to:
- Check their food stamps & cash balance instantly
- Find stores that accept EBT
- Keep track of their spending
If you do not have health insurance and meet certain income guidelines, Medicaid provides coverage for healthcare services. On July 1, 2016, Louisiana Medicaid eligibility guidelines expanded. Now, more adults (including men!) are able to receive full Medicaid coverage. Find out more about the expanded adult Medicaid program here.
Healthy Louisiana, formerly known as Bayou Health, is the state’s Medicaid program and provides coverage for healthcare services.
Healthy Louisiana participants receive one of five healthcare plans:
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
If you have questions about the Healthy Louisiana plans, call 1-855-229-6848 or visit the website. For information about Medicaid, including how to apply, call 1-888-342-6207.
Resources for your patients
- Enroll in Healthy Louisiana
- Healthy Louisiana members are eligible to receive transportation to scheduled medical appointments.
Patients can call the number listed for their plan to arrange transportation.
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-726-1472
- Aetna: 1-877-917-4150
- Amerigroup RealSolutions: 1-866-430-1101
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections: 1-855-369-3723
- AmeriHealth Caritas: 1-888-913-0364
What do patients need to know?
- Patients should call dispatch offices 48 hours before the appointment.
- Transportation to out-of-state appointments can be arranged but requires Prior Authorization.
- Same day transportation can be scheduled when absolutely necessary.
LaCHIP (Louisiana Children’s Health Insurance Program) provides healthcare to uninsured children up to age 19. It is a no-cost program that pays for children’s hospital care, doctor visits, prescription drugs, shots and more.
LaCHIP Affordable Plan is a health insurance program for uninsured children in moderate income families whose income is too much to qualify for regular LaCHIP but whose gross income is below 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
If you need to talk to someone about LaCHIP or the LaCHIP Affordable Plan, call (877) 2LA-CHIP (252-2447).
Behavioral health services for people with Medicaid are covered through Healthy Louisiana (formerly Bayou Health) plans.
- People with Healthy Louisiana plans can get behavioral health services, including mental health services and/or substance abuse treatment.
- People eligible for Medicaid only need to choose one Healthy Louisiana plan for all of their healthcare needs, including their behavioral and mental health needs. You can compare the 5 different health plans here and find tips for choosing a plan here.
- To learn more about behavioral health services through Healthy Louisiana, click here or call 1-855-229-6848. For those who are hearing impaired, a TTY number is available: 1-855-LAMed4Me (1-855-526-3346).
Coordinated System of Care (CSoC) programs are managed by Magellan Health of Louisiana
Magellan Health of Louisiana manages care for children who are at risk for out of home placement under the Coordinated System of Care (CSoC). Wraparound support, as well as five specialized services, is provided with the goal of assisting children and youth in remaining in their community and/or returning home.
The 5 specialized services available through CSoC are:
- Parent Support and Training
- Youth Support and Training
- Independent Living / Skills Building
- Short Term Respite Care
- Crisis Stabilization
For information on how to access Magellan services, patients can visit their website or call 800-424-4489. If patients are deaf or hard-of-hearing, they can call Magellan’s TTY number at 800-424-4416.
What is it?
The Health Insurance Marketplace is for people who don’t have health coverage through their employers, Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health
Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source that
provides qualifying coverage.
How does it work in Louisiana?
Louisiana’s Health Insurance Marketplace is called the Navigators for a Healthy Louisiana, and can help individuals understand what coverage options are available to them in Louisiana.
Certain people are eligible to receive help from Louisiana Healthcare Navigators. The Healthcare Navigators provide accurate and
up-to-date information regarding eligibility, enrollment, and Affordable
Care Act specifications with information about enrollment in Qualified
Health Plans (QHPs) and other health programs such as Medicaid and
LaCHIP to people looking for health insurance coverage in Louisiana.
Who is eligible to use the Louisiana Healthcare Marketplace (Louisiana Healthcare Navigators)?
People are eligible to get help from the navigators if they fit one of the following requirements:
- U.S. Citizen or legally in U.S. during entire coverage period.
- Live in the insurance companies’ service area.
- Individuals with income between 100% and 400% of Federal Poverty Level.
- Offered coverage at work but it is not affordable and/or at least 60% actual value
GNOcommunity.org is a service to help individuals in the New Orleans area find a quality healthcare center that meets their needs. Most participating clinics accept private and public health insurance, or payments can be made on an income-based sliding fee scale.
Text BABY to 511411 & get FREE messages to your cell to help you through your pregnancy.Visit Text4Baby ›
Our support staff is standing by 24/7 to answer questions and to link you to resources in your area.
All Calls Confidential.