Project LAUNCH Mini-Grant Awardees
On June 29, Project LAUNCH (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children’s Health) and the Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center (SWLAHEC) awarded $30,000 in mini-grants to 6 non-profit agencies in Acadiana, as the culmination of an open application process. The $5,000 awards will support projects that advance the mission of Louisiana Launch: to build a system that supports the health, wellness and social-emotional development of young children through partnerships with providers and families, training, and improvements in the coordination of services and policy change.
The agencies and their grant-supported projects are as follows:
- The Extra Mile Region IV Inc. with The Extra Mile Family Resource Center’s (TEMFRC’s) Family Observation and Visit Safe Space
- The Family Tree Healthy Start Program with Therapeutic Home Visitation Model Training
- The Knowledge Effect with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Committee – A Community Assessment
- UH Pediatric Clinic, Dr. Richard Howes medical director, Lafayette General Health System/Lafayette General Foundation for Comprehensive Pediatric with Care Coordination for Better Outcomes
- SMILE Community Action Agency with SMILE’s Transitional Homeless Shelter Children’s Multi-purpose Wellness Project (playground equipment)
- Success by 5 Alliance Child Care Resource & Referral Agency with “One Piece at a Time” Promoting Social Emotional Development for Young Children in
Family Child Care Homes
Pictured below are the recipients of the 2015 Project LAUNCH LA Mini-Grants:
- Front row from left: Kailyn Daniel representing The Knowledge Effect and chair of the Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Coalition; Evangeline
Boudreaux and Linda Boudreaux representing The Extra Mile Region IV; Rachel Godeaux representing The Knowledge Effect and NAS Coalition; Tonya Bolden-Ball
representing The Family Tree, Healthy Start; and Sebreana Domingue representing SWLAHEC, and the local coordinator for Project LAUNCH LA.
- Back row, from left: Gary Castille representing SMILE Community Action Agency; Betsy Wilks representing Project LAUNCH LA; Kelly Bender Perkins, representing UH Pediatric Clinic and Lafayette General Health System/Lafayette General Foundation; and Emmy Mouton representing Success by 5 Alliance for the Lafayette Parish School System.
Our support staff is standing by 24/7 to answer questions and to link you to resources in your area.
All Calls Confidential.