Pregnancy: Step By Step
Schedule a doctor’s visit ASAP (it’s easy and can be free) Start regular visits with your doctor, as soon as possible.
Lots of things happen in your body right after giving birth. Some body changes are painless and others can be uncomfortable.
Hey dads! Want to know how you can help mom out while she’s pregnant? Learn about Health, Habits, and Help.
Wow, big job! What are you supposed to do with your baby now that it’s home?
Louisiana Department of Health’s Bureau of Family Health manages the Partners for Healthy Babies website and helpline.
Learn more about the Bureau of Family Health’s other programs, services, and websites at PartnersforFamilyHealth.org.
Browse services from our partners.
- Learn how to protect your baby from SIDS and make safe sleep a habit
- Connect with Mental Health Services
- Explore Louisiana WIC
- Get Help from Poison Control
- Locate a Parish Health Unit
- Search Healthy LA (Medicaid) Providers
- Sign Up for Text4Baby
- Vroom: Brain Building Moments©
Find assistance for food, housing, jobs, healthcare, counseling & more at Louisiana 2-1-1.
Check out these helpful links to services.